Tuesday 15 December 2015

Video's of putting distress onto student covers

Add caption
These are the distress images I used to give my learner survival guide, or how I've renamed it, college intelligence holder, to look more worn and old, maybe even a little strange or intimidating to some people. Finding the right kind of distress effects took some thought and looking, some of the distress effects I picked out didn't really work out or look right when I eventually used them on my cover, so I then just re-used the ones that actually worked and had good effects.

Trying this distress effect caused it to
turn out weird, as it looked like it
was some rubbed out effect, it looked strange and
didn't have much effect, and the effect was
mostly in the middle of the design, though
I wanted it to be around the edges equally
to give it a better look and effect.
These scratched and dotted designs are two effects side by side, and I tried both, the left effect was very prominent and stood out quite a bit on my covers when I used them, so I re-used this design quite a few times with my other cover designs, the the thick black outline looked a bit weird and not right on my cover, so I tried expanding it to get rid of the look as best as I could. The effect on the right had a good effect of distress to my covers too, though not as strong or prominent, but was still effective and made me satisfied with how it was done.

With these two effects, they were both pretty effective
and good to use on my cover, I flipped them about to
determin what would look best and I eventaully
used them a few times at different angles. They
gave a good distressed cracked effect, like my cover
had been designed on a brick wall or a plank of wood
that cracked.
This pavement looking effect was very strong and I tried to
soften its effects as best as I could, though
it didn't look right on my covers so I didn't
use it first choice unlike the other designs.




These are my successful videos of the process of me adding stress to my covers in their Bauhaus design.



No comments:

Post a Comment