Wednesday 29 November 2017

Idea for Illustration / Concept Art

Since I started experimenting with brusho dyes and mixing shades of watercolours from my last project, seeing the patterns and colours they turned into, looking like fireworks, splashes of paint, glitched colour, war etc.
But while working on some research and listening to some of my old music, I found the artist Porter Robinson, a modern, popular musician and American DJ that makes music across many electro genres, including electropop and electro house.
I listened and watched the music video to one of his popular songs called "Lionhearted ft Urban Cone". Keep in mind that've I've watched the music video quite a few times, I watched it this time and observed and took in the effects they used when buildings were damaged, hit, shot or explosives thrown at, looking like glitches or damages to a digital environment being uncovered from being disguised as something real, all while keeping to the beat and rhythm of the song so it fits and gives it an even stronger effect.
These effects made me realise how similar they were to the brusho dyes and even mixing of watercolours I had been using recently and the way I'd experimented with these medias, I realized they could easily be linked to the effects in the music video.
The dyes would give the edgy, sharp glitchy look, like a broken, damaged screen would, while watercolours would be for more solid block colours and shapes. So upon this realization of how I could link the effects from the video to these medias, I've decided to make an illustration and piece of concept art resembling the effects, of course after some experimention to learn how to make it look the most effective and similar. Now i can't wait to get started on this experimentation with colours and shapes.
This video is only a sample of the music since the music video can't be uploaded to blogger, so I'll have to link it instead -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgKDu5pp_fU

















This is the video and artist I will be taking inspiration on, and will likely be doing further research on, along with more of Porter Robinsons videos where he includes glitch like effects in them, it seeming to be a theme throughout his videos to resemble his kind of music.

I will also like to, maybe plan, to start and do more pieces based on my two favourite electro artists, which have collaborated together and have known each other since they were younger, music and music videos, Madeon and Porter Robinson.

Now I just need to find some spare time or a project I could link this into to get started... If not, then I'm more than likely to come back to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment