Sunday 18 October 2015

Surreal clay sculpture into mod rock sculpture

I made a clay sculpture replicating the shape of a skull, but I then made it abstract by changing the shape of it a little, making points on top of the skull, replicating horns a little, making the eye sockets into one wide one including making the maxilla part of the skull longer and a little pointy, then adding in some thick wire so it looked like it was coming out, sticking out of the clay model skull.





I then tried to replicate the clay model by making it into a wire model, around the same size, using thin wire, though I would use this wire model as reference to make my larger wire model of the abstract skull.
The larger wire skull was made using thick wire, medium wire and a thin wire which I used with also an even skinner wire to just wrap all around out to help it take better shape. I have since then out mod rock on the larger model and it is taking good shape and I'm confident with how it is turning out along with how my clay and wire models have.









The final result of the dried mod rock around the wire model has turned out ok in my opinion, the shape is a bit strange in some places, but overall I think it's turned out well, especially wth the paints of it. 
The sketch included mine and three other peoples work of mod rock and wire or tissue and wire.

No comments:

Post a Comment