Sunday 18 October 2015

Wire and mod rock sculptures

My first attempt of trying to replicate the vertebrae was by using separate pieces of wire to shape it, a thin wire, though overall it turned out to be okay but not as good as it could be, though I still put mod rock over it and then it took a better shape and looked more like a vertebrae.































My second attempt at the vertebrae was more messy but took a better shape while also looking a little more abstract and interesting then the previous one, though I decided not to put mod rock over this one and used it more as a reference.
















My third attempt with the wire was to try and slightly replicate what seems to be a shin bone. I used a thick wire for the middle and main part of the bone, then a medium wire going over the thicker wire and to make the bone ends shape which I secured together with thin wire.
Once confident with my wire structure I put mod rock over it which is when it took even better shape of a bone though still looked a bit abstract compared to the original model of it.





No comments:

Post a Comment