Monday 28 March 2016

Dreaming Interpretation

For dreaming interoperation, I had to research actual interpretations people have made out of dreams based on the theme, where it seems to be set in, people or animals in it, objects, weather involved etc. There are hundreds of interpretations of deems, though some websites and people ay have different views and interpretation on a dreams theme, they can mean the same thing when narrowed down. Though apart from writing down other peoples opinions of dream, I also wrote down my own interpretation of themes of a dream, though if it was my own dream it could mean a lot more to me and have even deeper meaning.

I made notes of the meanings that seemed the most interesting to me,
mainly because of how something simple in a dream can have
a deep meaning to something you wouldn't of expected to even be
related to it.


I made notes in my sketchbook and linked up what feelings, thoughts, places, objects, meanings and other
words that were connected to the main list of words I researched and picked out. I developed them all as best
as I could, getting a good amount of different kinds of ideas I could work with to make a piece out of this dreaming
interpretation subject. I was lead up to an idea of the human brain, with a 'third eye' at the front part of it, which had
the meanings of it being the main 'machine' of all living things, creativity, imagination, thoughts, feelings, uniqueness,
spiritual (this inspired to haver the floating jelly looking objects around it), scientific, having infinite amounts of ideas and thoughts that can come from it, a universe itself etc. 
I had some of the words meanings lead up to an idea
involving a cage, feeling trapped, in solitude, a mental cage
so strong that it could be a physical cage. I thought about involving the brain sketch


I was confident in having the brain with the third eye idea, and felt I would be happy with it once I had finished it, though I did decide to not involve the cage part along with it, the brain behind the bars of a cage to show the feeling of feeling limited in imagination, artist/writer blocks, afraid to speak the mind, scared to go beyond boundaries etc. The reason was because I thought how it could ruin the space on the painting, not have it seems as interesting or as bright as I actually want it to be and how it would also likely prove to be difficult to how i would prefer it.
Before actually starting on my painting, I thought what the background colour could be, I didn't want a colour to bright or colourful that would flush out the main part of the painting which was going to have a light colour palet, so I decided on a dark grey, not to bright, though I do think if a darker fray, or even a black, would help the painting stand out even more. 
I did first sketch out the brain shape first on the paper
before I filled in the space 'behind it' with acrylic,
I do tend to work this way, mapping out the basic
structure of my idea with pencil before I even
add a drop of paint to it, I may add more pencil
markings after adding some paint if I want to add
something onto my paintings, which I also do in
most of my work. 
I had done with the basic markings before adding detail,
this being the lines and shapes of the brain and its surface
texture. Once I was satisfied with the detail, I rubbed out the
front part of the brain pencil markings to where the 'third eye'
was going to be drawn, I did some quick basic shape markings
for the eye before adding better detail to it, this including the
iris, the pupil having a very unique shape, and eyelashes.
Confident with how it was looking so far, I began
to add more colour to the brain part first, experimenting
with the paints colours of getting the right kind of
'brain pink' for my painting with watercolour , I tried
multiple times before settling on a colour after almost
5 to 8 attempts with the colour. I coloured in the brain with
the lightish pink, as well with a darker pink for the crevices
of the brazen to have a shadow like effect to them. Once
done with the brain colour I moved onto the eye and used a
golden yellow, which I researched that kind of colour is a colour
of enlightenment, peace, imagination and creativity.

No comments:

Post a Comment