Monday 11 January 2016

2D into 3D

I was unsure what 2D to 3D model to make at first, but I settled on the idea of making it into a kneeling figure, which led me to making it into a Geisha since it would fit the theme of it kneeling in a way.



 It took me a few tries to make me happy with it's shape since I was cutting it out of the board at a slight angle. On the third try of cutting out the figure it still had a strange shape at the back, which would help it stand, so I simply cut it off while still fitting the overall shape.










 Once I was happy with the shape I noticed it kept leaning and falling backwards, I taped the bend at the waist of the cutout and later hot clued it before painting it with traditional Japanese Geisha colours, red, black and white with a black obi around the waist of the Geisha.

No comments:

Post a Comment