Tuesday 12 January 2016

Dandelion and Planet painting

 For a personal project to possibly use as an illustration for a cover, I wanted it to be themed with space, extraterrestrial, stars, planets etc. But I also wanted coming different to be in it, making it surreal in a way, then I thought of adding a dandelion into it with the small seeds that are floating away are also forming into stars and it being the main source of light.





I began by painting a piece of A1 paper black, I would've used the already black design A1 paper but it's material and feeling of it seems a bit weird and I feel if I had used that it wouldn't of came out as how I wanted it to.
I started by making light pencil sketched of the dandelion and a few planets before adding on the whole paint using a small paintbrush and small glue stick as a spatula.
I used the small glue stick to make the lines of the dandelion, outlines and then the light distress effect of the planets with it, giving it a messy yet visually effective look.
I added in more planets, moons and little asteroids to fill in the space of the painting before finishing it off with small spots of stars, some quite small and compact, others a bit bigger and spread out.



In my opinion, the completed illustration is strong in visual impact even when just using two colours of black and white. Even though I struggled at some parts with small objects of the painting with the small glue stick I used as a spatula, it's effect has turned out quite good overall. The stars have a god effect of filling up the spaces of the illustration, though I might've added too many or most of them are too big, I still think the painting has turned out better than i thought it would.

No comments:

Post a Comment